Table of Contents
- Create article properties
- Create article options
- Create new matrix articles
- Assign article properties to a matrix article.
- Multidimensional matrix.
- Standard import of matrix products.
With the "matrix product" articles with different properties can be (color, size) created as a matrix and edited with the help of mass processing. For example, a t-shirt in X different sizes and Y different colors. This results in "X times Y" different article variants, which can be edited via the "Father article" as "Child article" are generated. The following steps lead to an article variant creation including mass processing:
- Create article property for the matrix (e.g. color, size).
- Create options for each property (e.g. for color: blue, red, orange, yellow, light blue, turquoise, etc.).
- Create matrix in "father article" (horizontally e.g. color, vertically e.g. Size → (yellow,XS), (yellow,S), (...), (yellow,XL), ..., (blue,XS), (blue,S), (...), (blue,XL)
- Create article variants according to this matrix in the article master: "child article". (different numbering schemes possible)
- Mass processing of these article variants via the "parent article".
Creation of the basic table
You can create the basic table in the Matrix Product module by clicking the +New button with the various properties (Super-Search > Matrix Product > Overview > +NEW).
After that, you can use the pencil icon to get to the next overview, where you can create the different columns. As soon as you select "New group" in a matrix product, the previously created basic table will be displayed.
The first step is to create the various item properties (ex: Color, size, alloy, carat, etc. → for example, a T-shirt has the properties. Color and Size, a piece of jewelry has the properties Alloy and Carat). Each item property is then extended with options (options are, so to speak, the "subcategories" of a property). the "subcategories" of a property e.g. for the property "color" are possible options "blue", "orange", "light blue", "yellow", "green", "turquoise", "red", etc.)
Navigate via SuperSearch or via App Center → My Apps → Matrix Product to the following overview:
You create a new article via "+NEW":
Fill in the following fields:
- Name → name for the property (no duplicates assigned)
- Project → optional: restricts the item properties to one project
- Active → activates the property.
Finally, click "Save."
Note: Using the project field, you can change the proposed selection for the item properties to a project (e.g. for employees with project roles or best Article). If the field is left empty, there are no restrictions.
Individual options can be assigned for each item property e.g. "color" these options are conceivable: yellow, orange, red, green, blue light blue, turquoise, gold, silver, etc. Options are created as follows:
Click icon → Edit options.
it will switch to the item options.
Create new options via the "New item" button.
Name → name for the property (do not assign duplicates).
Sort order → optional: sort order of options.
Active → activates the property.
Edit options click:
Create new option:
Fill in fields option + save:
Info: "back" will take you back to the properties:
A matrix article is created as a normal article in the master data. The matrix function is assigned via the "matrix product" hook setting. After save, a new tab "Matrix product" appears at the top of the menu. Attention: The article designation and the article number are relevant for the variant creation (Article number and description can be assigned automatically for all variants based on the "parent article" (see below).
Article number and article description:
Select matrix item + save → "Matrix item" tab appears at the top of the Menu:
The newly created matrix "parent item" (in the example: "T-shirt solid color, 100% Cotton" with item number "1000024") can have its desired properties assigned (e.g. color and size).
To create the matrix in the tab "Matrix product" select the following item:
- Button: "New group"
You will be given the following choices:
- Position → horizontal, vertical → arranges the base table horizontally or vertically (arrangement of the first property → in the example. "horizontal" is used)
- Basic table → selection of basic property (in the example the "color" is used)
- Options of the main property for the base table (select which options of the main property should be taken over → can later be posted individually in the matrix article)
Attention only for special individual items: Use the following function only, if the property for this one "parent item" should apply and should not be retrievable in the area of the app "matrix product" as a property template should be retrievable → suitable only for special cases.
- (4. New group → only individually for this one article: here a new group as a property in table form in the article is created).
- (4. Designation → only individually for this one article: Designation of the Group (eg "shoelaces" → about "save" can be added to the new property further options can be added as a table))
As a result, the property "color" is arranged horizontally with the options and displayed as a row matrix:
The vertical property "size" will be added afterward to complete the Matrix, the positioning (horizontal, vertical) is not selectable anymore:
- Click button: "new group" .
- Basic table → selection of basic property (in the example, the "size" is now selected)
A matrix is created (as a preview) with the property options rearranged vertically (size properties from XS-XL):
Practical info: If there are already variants in xentral, these can be inserted with the icon "Edit. Provided that there are not yet any "child articles" in the next step the matrix article variants are generated.
To create the articles, select the new variants (individually or via the column, row or field selection). In the example, the complete matrix field is selected via "all Select articles". Via the button "Create missing articles" button opens the article number setting afterwards:
Settings for the assignment of the new article numbers to be created:
- Use article numbers from number range of main category → article category of the "parent article" continuously generate (eg 120004, 120005).
- Append article number from options to main number → original article number combined with options (e.g. 1000027-XS-RED).
- Item numbers from main item with suffix Separator: (-) Number of digits: (3) Next number (001) → create combined item numbers with separator. (e.g. 1000024-002)
- Attach options to item description of sub-items → addition to item description. (e.g. "original article description size: XS color: red") → combination to one of the top three choices selectable
- Create additional designation as supplier designation in the purchase price → The addition appended to the article designation, e.g. "Size XS Color Orange" is also created as "Article designations at the supplier", provided that the Matrix article already has a purchase price.
Select option + save → Attention, with "save" the articles in the article master created and generated. Do not cancel the creation:
Result of the finished created variant articles ("child articles"):
The articles have been created in the article master as follows: Master data → Article: Result of the finished created variant articles ("child articles"). The "Father article" is the first article in the example, all further "Child articles" are marked as variants. The future editing of the settings via "Mass editing" is possible via the "father article":
Use article numbers from number range of main category → article category of "parent article" to generate sequentially (e.g. 120004, 120005).
Append part number from options to main number → original part number combined with options (e.g. 1000027-XS-RED).
Item numbers of main items with suffix separator: (-) Number of digits: (3) Next number (001) → create combined article numbers with separator. (e.g. 1000024-002)
Attach options to item description of sub-items → addition (e.g. "Original item description Size: XS Color: Red") → combination to one of the top three choices selectable
Matrix options can be edited using the "edit" icon. Changing the item link and the column and row option.
- Edit row option → name of the row, sorting.
- Edit the column option → Name of the column, sorting.
- Changing the item link and the column and row option.
- "Create new group" (option at any time remains).
- Add option, edit group (line) → individual options, add in row (change/delete group → caution, can't be undone except by rebuilding the matrix manually).
- Add option, edit group (column) → single options. add in column, (change/delete group → caution, can't be undone except by rebuilding the matrix manually).
- Print article label (default label)
Attention: delete complete option and its created articles from the matrix product. → the articles continue to exist as a variant of the main product, they are deleted but/only deleted from the matrix product overview.
Mass editing of matrix items
For simultaneous processing of multiple article variants (batch change of purchase prices, sales prices, manufacturer information, EAN and customs tariff no, etc.), the "child articles" are selected in the matrix and are added to the processing selection via the "Mass processing" button to load them into the processing selection:
- Select the "child articles" to be edited in the matrix .
- "Open bulk editing"
- Pre-selection of the editing fields + next .
Edit the previously selected fields using batch processing individually or column by column:
- Selection of the entire column processing (e.g. column "Vendor", "Purchase price", "Sales price" → filling the first row is sufficient → by the tick above the column, the entry of the first row can be applied to all articles be taken over (quick fill function see below).
- Individual change of the fields (eg "Designation at supplier" → here were the new values entered individually to overwrite the existing designations or to set missing designations new)
Important: Some fields can be edited via mass editing, but not be emptied or deleted. If a field is left blank in mass edit, xentral will leave the previous entry in the field. Some text fields can conveniently be replaced by a "-" if they are not needed for documents or the like.
Load values for all fields from line 1: For automatic loading of all entries from the column marker, set the checkmark (selection) above the first row for the relevant column the checkmark (selection) and select the following function at the very bottom:
- "Apply values with marker from row 1 for all articles" + "execute". → the values are reloaded in the preview
- "next" saves the values to the variant articles ("child articles").
Result of the changed and newly added values from the previous example:
Expert mode takes you directly to the Matrix app to edit properties and options:
If there are more than two properties for an item, the vertical and horizontal axis are no longer sufficient. For each additional property, the vertical axis is duplicated by the added property and its options. An item can have up to four properties in standard view. If you need more than four properties, you have to switch to list view. Here you can add as many properties as you like. In the following example, this is shown with a "Ring with stone color, precious metal type and surface treatment":
- Property → stone color (property: stone; options: white (topaz), light blue (topaz), green (emerald), red (ruby), petrol (tourmaline),turquoise (turquoise), orange (carnelian))
- Property → Surface (property: surface; options: 333. Gold, 585 Red Gold, 585 White Gold, 935 Silver).
- Property → Material (property: material; options: high gloss, matte hammered, ice matte, hammered matte, black oxidized).
In addition to the existing properties, the three new ones are created for the ring assortment Properties:
App Center → Matrix Product → NEW
A new article is created via Master data → Article → NEW Article description. " Ring with stone", item number "7000074":
- Article description assigned " Ring with stone" .
- Article number assigned from number range "7000074"
- Hook: set matrix product
In the "Matrix product" tab, via "New group", add the basic property as the horizontal Add first row matrix:
- "Stone" is added "horizontal" as first property .
The first part of the item matrix is created:
The "New group" button is used to add the second property "Surface" is added:
The second part of the article matrix is created:
The "New group" button is now used to add the third property "Material":
The third part of the item matrix is created. For the third dimension, the existing matrix n-fold copied and in front the new options for the "Material" spanned block by block. In the following picture, the first two material options "333 gold" and "585 red gold" are shown, the other options "585 white gold" and "585 red gold" are shown. "585 white gold" and "835 silver" follow below:
The "child items" can now be generated from the three-dimensional matrix:
- "Select all articles" + "Create missing articles" .
For the creation of variant articles, the following number range options and description options are selected:
Attention: "Save" generates the variant articles, this may take some time, do not close the tab until the generation is complete. 168 articles are generated and created in the article master:
The created variant articles:
- e.g. Item number: 7000074-333_GOLD-HOCHGLANZ-WEISS_TOPAS
- ex. article description: ring with stone material: 333 gold surface: high gloss Stone: white (topaz)
The created variant articles in the article master:
You can find the default import of matrix products with an import template here: Import Matrix Products.
Note: The import center can import a maximum of two dimensions. Items with more dimensions can be created directly via the interface of the matrix product. Information about this can be found here.