In the File browser app, you can search for various files, such as documents from quotations, orders, delivery bills, etc., and download them via the download icon. But also pictures, CAD drawings and other keywords can be found here. In addition, there is the possibility to switch directly to the document number via the link in order to display further additional information. In addition, batches of files can be uploaded and assigned to the master data.
Note: Avoid special characters in the file naming like "+", "&" and similar. Otherwise, errors may occur in the handling of the files.
Batch processing allows actions to be performed on multiple items simultaneously.
- Create Zip: Create Zip files in bulk
- Collective PDF: Bulk download PDF
- Delete files: Delete files in bulk
The tab Upload files allows you to upload multiple files at once using drag and drop.
It is also possible to upload files directly in the file browser and automatically link them to items. For this, the file names only have to start with the item number. This algorithm is further extended by the Advanced Search.
Note: If there are several items that have the same item number (e.g. T-shirts in different colors), then the name of the color must be separated from the item number with a hyphen (e.g. 140527-bronze).
The items are automatically linked to found items after the upload and deposited there. The corresponding linked articles are visible after the upload. It is also possible to jump directly via link to the relevant article for further processing. Via Remove the file can be deleted again immediately, e.g. if the assignment to the article was made incorrectly.
The search function can be extended to other item numbers and works as follows: One after the other, the file name is searched for the item number, the EAN and the manufacturer number. For this purpose, the entire file name is searched for contiguous numbers and letters. Only unique hits are used for the assignment. The following notes and examples must be observed.
Note: For a successful search, the searched values (item number, EAN and manufacturer number) must not contain a separator. Separators are the minus sign, the underscore, a period or a space. Example: The item number: 12345-678 cannot be found. only item numbers without separators can be assigned.
Note: If separators (minus, underscore, dot, space) occur in item numbers, then the file name may only consist of the item number and file extension. The following example illustrates why this is the case:
- Example "1000008.jpg"
- Search for item with item number "1000008" = Success, no further search necessary = Correct assignment to "1000008
- Example "1000008-001.jpg"
- Search for item with item number "1000008-001" = Success, no further search necessary = Correct assignment to "1000008-001".
- Example "1000008 T-Shirt.jpg"
- Search for item with item number "1000008-T-Shirt" = No success, further search necessary.
- Search for item with item number "1000008" or "T" or "Shirt" → Success = Correct assignment to "1000008".
- Example "1000008-001 T-Shirt.jpg"
- Search for item with item number "1000008-001-T-Shirt" = No success, further search necessary.
- Search for item with item number "1000008" or "001" or "T" or "Shirt" = The parent item "1000008" is then recognized here and the file is assigned to this item!
Images can also be deleted in the file browser. To do this, the images in question are first searched for and marked. Then they can be deleted by clicking on the Delete files button in the Batch Processing.
Note: Deleting images in the file browser cannot be undone. This function should be used with appropriate caution and a database backup should be made beforehand.