With this app, you can define percentage discounts as well as price discounts for specific customers, groups, products, etc.
To create discounts:
- Open the Discounts app. In the app, the Details tab lists all existing discounts.
- Click the +New button.
- In the dialogue box that appears, select the desired type of discount in the Base type drop-down list. You can select between Percent discount and Price discount.
Depending on your choice, the dialogue box will expand and allow you to define the corresponding settings.
- In the first Type drop-down list, select between Customer, Group and General to define the applicability of the discount to a customer, to a group of contacts (such as suppliers, etc.), or to everyone ("General").
- For the Customer type, enter the desired customer in the Customer field that appears or select it using the magnifying glass icon in this field.
- For the Group type, enter the desired customer group in the Group field that appears or select it using the magnifying glass icon in this field.
- For the General type, no further setting is needed. The discount will apply to everyone.
- In the second Type drop-down list, select between Product, Category and General to define the applicability of the discount with respect to a specific product, a category of products, or to every product.
- For the Product type, enter the desired product in the Product field that appears or select it using the magnifying glass icon in this field.
- For the Category type, enter the desired category in the Item Category field that appears or select it using the magnifying glass icon in this field.
- For the General type, no further setting is needed. The discount will apply to all products.
- Enter the discount type specific settings as follows:
- For a Price discount: Enter the discounted value (with the currency character, to be calculated in EUR) in the Amount field. Optionally, you can select to Show the discount in the product description.
- For a Percentage discount: Enter the desired percentage (without the "%" character) into the Discount field.
- Optionally, select the Discount as an item check box and then select the dedicated discount product in the Discount items field that appears.
- Optionally, enter a minimum applicability for this discount in the From quantity field.
- Select the Active check box as appropriate.
- Click Save.
It is not possible to combine several discounts for the same item. The first matching discount is applied, other possible discounts will be ignored.
The discounts are applied in the following order:
- Article and customer
- Category and customer
- Article und (customer) group
- Category and (customer) group
- Article, generally
- Category, generally
- Generally, customer
- Generally, (customer) group
- Generally, generally