- Technical features
- Creating vouchers
- Redeeming vouchers
- Vouchers with commission
The additional Vouchers module allows you to control and manage vouchers centrally. This offers the following options- Creation of vouchers (manually or automatically).
- Overview of all sold vouchers and their specific settings
- Check of current remaining balance and voucher validity
- If supported by Shop and Importer, vouchers can be synchronized between xentral and the shop via the shopexport_voucher process starter
- If supported by Shop and Importer, voucher codes are applied upon order import
- If an agent is defined for given a voucher, goods orders from online shops that result in orders are created as sales with the agent
Vouchers can be created either manually or automatically based on a template.
The +New entry button takes you to the creation dialog.
Here the following data should be set:
- Date: Date of issue of the voucher
- Code: Voucher code
- Product: Voucher product (must be previously created in the master data)
- Valid from: Definition of the validity start date
- Date of Expiry: Definition of the validity end date
- Customer: Customer for whom the item was issued
- Value: Amount in terms of value
- Currency: Indication of the currency
- Tax: Auto, Normal, Reduced or Exempt
- Checkbox: “only the buyer is allowed to redeem the voucher”
After finishing with the Save button, the voucher will be generated and added to the overview.
For the automatic creation of vouchers, the following setup steps must be followed:
- Creation of the voucher article under Master data > Product
- Creation of the voucher template under Administration > AppStore > Vouchers > Templates
- Sale of the voucher article by order or POS
Creation of the voucher article
The article serves as an essential reference in the template in order for vouchers to be created automatically. It is also needed both for creating vouchers manually and for redeeming them. In particular, during creation you need to pay attention to the following distinctive features:
- Amount of the voucher in terms of value
- Currency of the voucher
- Validity of the voucher
- Taxation applicable to the voucher
If even just one of the features should change, you will need to create a new voucher article.
Note: Since vouchers are included in discount calculations as normal articles, to avoid the calculation of group discounts you need to set the discount lock on voucher articles.
If, when selling the voucher, a revenue account other than the one saved in the default settings is desired for the accounting export, this must be entered in the article under Master Data > Product > *respective product* > Details > Financial Accounting.
Creation of the voucher template
The +New entry button takes you to the template creation dialog where these settings can be configured.
- Product: Product from the master data to which the template is applied
- Code template: Selection of the required code format (numeric with 10 digits or alpha-numeric with 10 digits)
- Tax configuration: Auto, Normal, Reduced or Exempt
- Valid: Definition of the validity
- Show code in the document: The code should appear on the receipts
After finishing with the Save button, the voucher template will be generated and added to the templates overview.
Sale of vouchers
Vouchers can be sold either through an order or via POS. During the order, the voucher article is added as a position and released. In case of sale via POS, the voucher article is added to the shopping cart and the sale is processed.
Based on the invoices created during the auto-shipping process or continuation process (in case of order) or during the sales process (in case of POS), the vouchers are automatically generated with the underlying information from the voucher template and added to the overview. When the voucher is created with this method, the invoice is included as a reference.
The listed voucher code is also available on the invoice receipts.
Vouchers can be redeemed both via an order or via POS. It is important to note that all goods positions must first be entered before the voucher itself is added as a position. This procedure is relevant because on the basis of the previously entered positions it is possible to calculate the amount of the voucher that will be charged.
In the order, the Voucher button takes you to a dialog for selecting the voucher, which can thus be added as a position
In the POS, this can also be added as a position via the Voucher button. You need first to enter the voucher code, after which the voucher will be added to the shopping cart.
As soon as the release (in case of order) is given or the sales transaction (in case of POS) is completed, the amounts are calculated with the current voucher value.
If there is a remaining amount, this will be shown in the voucher overview (code in the example: 5802882560). If the voucher has been fully used, it will be removed from the overview and cannot be used in the future.
Vouchers with commission
You can also record a voucher code with a commission involved. When the voucher is entered, the sales representative automatically receives the commission for this order.
Creation of the voucher with representative commission
The voucher with commission is added via the New entry button, just as a normal voucher.
- Code: Voucher code that can be given to the customer
- Product: Here you can specify whether the voucher should refer to a specific product
- Customer: Here you can specify whether the voucher should be valid for a specific customer only
- Representative: Here you can specify whether the voucher should automatically entitle the representative to a commission
- Commission rate: Here you can specify the voucher commission rate for the representative
- Value: The amount in € of the voucher
- Only the buyer is allowed to redeem the voucher: It refers to vouchers that are entered for example in the online shop. Here, the voucher may only be redeemed (by the customer) using the account with which it was purchased. This makes the voucher non-transferable
Accessing the commission
Under App Center → Commission you can access and process the commission of the voucher. To do so, you first need to configure the basic commission settings. In the Receipt tab, you can view the commission of the voucher based on the order.
Vouchers in Shopify
In order to be able to sell and redeem vouchers in Shopify, it is advisable to manage them directly in Shopify. In the event that items are purchased in Shopify at the same time as a voucher, the voucher is sent directly from Shopify and the order is given the status partially executed. This means that it is imported to xentral via the shop interface and the voucher does not appear in xentral.