- Create new price inquiry
- Price inquiry bulk shipping
- Special features
The Price inquiry module can be reached via Purchasing > Price inquiry.
The tab provides an overview of all past price inquiries for the article.
Create new price inquiry
Using +NEW, a price inquiry can be made to the supplier for the required article.
The following general information must be given here:
- Supplier: Enter the supplier you want to inquire about the price from
- Date: Enter the date of the price inquiry
- Internal name: Assign the internal name of the price inquiry
- Project: Assign a project to the price inquiry
- Status: The status of the price inquiry, which is automatically added by xentral and cannot be changed
- Write protection: Clicking the box enables write protection
- Free text: You can enter optional text that appears below the article list here
- Header text: Optional text that appears above the article list
The following information can be entered under Master data:
- Type: This indicates whether the address is a private person or a company (Mr./Mrs., Company)
- Name: Enter the name of the person or company here
- Title: The title appears before the name in the address block on the stationery
- Contact person: Enter the contact person in charge here
- Department: The department of the contact person
- Sub-department: The contact person's sub-department
- Address suffix: Enter any address suffix for the contact person here
- Street: Address street
- Postal code/city: Address postal code and city
- State: Address state
- Country: Address country
- Telephone: Telephone number for the address
- Fax: Fax for the address
- E-mail: E-mail for the address
- Covering note: Covering note for the address, is automatically applied when an e-mail is created
After approval, you can send the price inquiry to the supplier by e-mail using the usual "Send document" button or archive it manually.
Note: For the Continue as purchase order action in the dropdown Action menu, the user needs the Order to purchase order rights block, otherwise the employee will not see this option.
Under this tab, the individual articles for a price inquiry being made can be stored. It is possible to search for or create special fields and articles manually.
Note: The positions must be selected depending on the supplier.
If the Group item no. option has been selected under Details in the Price inquiry area, then articles representing the same article are combined and also listed in the same order.
The following must be observed:
- The position number does not increase
- The article number is displayed only for the first position
- The article description is displayed only for the first position
Under this tab, additional files can be attached to the price inquiry. Using the Create new file sub-tab, this file can be inserted using drag and drop or the search function:
Price inquiry bulk shipping
Under this tab, price requests can be sent to several suppliers at the same time. A separate e-mail is created for each supplier. To send the price inquiry to multiple suppliers, select the desired suppliers.
The "Send by mail" action can then be selected via batch processing. The Submit dialog then opens. When sending, the e-mails are sent out individually to the selected suppliers.
- Sent e-mails can be seen in the system protocol. The same applies if you are entered as a recipient of a copy in the system settings. You can see that each e-mail is sent individually. We recommend that you are entered as the recipient of a copy
- When sending bulk mails, it should also be ensured that no individual variables or personal salutations are entered in the salutation. This is because the e-mail is being sent to several suppliers
Continue price inquiry to purchase order
Price inquiries can be continued to a binding order and initiated with the supplier. The prerequisite for this is the Order to purchase order module.
After saving, you can set whether free fields and article descriptions should be applied. In addition, the Attach purchase order as PDF to orders option can be selected here.
Generate order(s) then continues directly to the order.
Price inquiry in the microdetail of the order
There is an option to display the price inquiry linked to an order in the minidetail view of the order.
This requires a link between the price inquiry, the purchase order and the order. The following steps are necessary to make this possible:
- Create a purchase order from the price inquiry
- Continue the price inquiry to a purchase order
The order must be saved and released. Afterwards, this price inquiry is visible in the minidetail of the purchase order. This can be seen in the purchase order overview under Purchasing > Purchase order. The mini-detail opens by clicking on the arrow on the left edge of the respective table entry.
Afterwards, the existing order can be assigned to the previously created purchase order. In the overview of the purchase order, the purchase order can be selected using the pencil icon. The purchase order can then be linked to the order in the protocol using the Link to order button.
If the price inquiry was linked to the purchase order and this was then linked to the order, this link can be seen in the minidetails in the order overview.