The extra module Packaging licenses/overview allows you to determine associated packaging items or packaging groups for certain items or item categories. The packagings of the sold merchandise are added up here. These can be filtered for a specific period and/or for a specific country. Often this is necessary in connection with the Green Dot, because here packaging must be listed for a year/month, or to list the number of batteries supplied.
Statistics are created on the basis of delivery notes, i.e. all released delivery notes in which the packed items were included are taken into account for the calculation of the quantity of packaging items consumed. For this purpose, the delivery note does not have to be removed from stock. Canceled delivery notes are also included in the overview, as packaging may have already been consumed or shipped in this case as well.
By clicking on the +New entry button in the Details tab you can add a new packaging rule. You now have the option to add:
- a packaging rule for a packaging item for a specific item (example 1).
- a packaging article for an item group (e.g. uniform packaging for the item group "Müsli 250g")
- one packaging group for one item category (example 2)
Example 1: You want to add packaging for a specific product. For example, a "packaging 250g" per sold muesli raspberry in Germany:
Example 2: You want to add a packing group for an item category (e.g. electronics) that is shipped to Austria. For the field packaging group (e.g. electrical disposal) no item needs to be created beforehand, here a packaging group can be entered directly:
- Type: Selection between item or item category for which the packing rule should apply.
- Item/Item category: Selection of the item or item category.
- Packaging type: Selection between packaging item and packaging group
- Packaging item/packaging group:
- Packaging item: Existing item in xentral for packaging that is to be tracked
- Packaging group: Freely selectable packaging group (without creating an item beforehand).
- Packaging quantity: Enter how often the packaging is used per item
- Country: Delivery country according to delivery note
- Valid from: Optional: Date from when the rule is valid (date of delivery note)
- Valid until: Optional: Date until when the rule is valid (date of delivery note)
The details tab lists all existing packaging rules for your items.
In the overview, you can use the filter settings to list your packaging materials for a specific period and/or delivery country. The basis for this is the information from the delivery note documents (including drafts and canceled).
For example, all items that were shipped to Germany (e.g. all muesli raspberry that were shipped to Germany).
...or for example all items that were shipped to Austria (e.g. all electrical items that were shipped to Austria):
By clicking on the small arrow on the left side you can see entry details.