Table of Contents
System-wide required fields can be created for modules and individual surfaces, which must be filled in when saving surfaces and content. These fields are then marked with an individual label and displayed to the editor.
This module is particularly relevant if certain fields are always to be filled out or may not be forgotten.
Note: For technical reasons, field validation cannot be performed in some cases. This includes, for example, special fields in system messages or fields in dialog boxes (so-called overlays).
A new required field can be created using the +NEW button.
A dialog box will open. Here the fields are to be filled out and afterward to save.
The required field can be defined in the field settings.
- module: Module name (click into the module and read the URL at the top e.g: click into an article: "..module=article&action=edit&id=1")
- Action: Page of the module (click into the module, then click on the page for the required field and read at the top of the URL e.g.: click into an article: "..module=article&action=edit&id=1")
- Field ID: Field label of the single field (click into the field, right Mouse button, "examine element", id="kurztext_de" would be e.g. in the article the Short text → see below for exact description)
- Type: Selection of content-type: e.g. text, integer, decimal, etc
- Minimum length: Minimum number of characters must be specified (info: then this info ideally for the person editing into the "error message" Enter text)
- Maximum length: Maximum number of characters must be specified (info: then this info ideally for the editing person in the "error message" text)
- error message: Text for the error message e.g. "required field", will then be red displayed as soon as the editing person saves
- Required field: Set active. Marks this entry in the interface as a required field
The required field in the interface is displayed as soon as the page is saved by the user is saved.
In a product, the short text is to be created as a required field. The result should look like the following:
The following steps are to be performed here:
- Create required field
- Find module, action, field ID
- Enter remaining data + save
- Test in the interface
In the required fields module, click on the +NEW button to open a dialog box, which can then be used to create a new required field.
The next step is to fill in the Module, Action and Field ID fields.
- Module: The module can be found via the URL. Click into an article and read the URL at the top: Master data > Product > click into a product.
- Action: The page can be found by URL. Click into an article and read the URL at the top: Master data → Product → click into a product (on this page should be the required field, is the same page as "1st module").
- Field ID: Right click in the desired field (which should become a required field, in this case, in the product the field "Short text"). Then click on Inspect element.
The ID can be read shorttext_en:
Subsequently, the remaining data must be entered.
4. Test in the interface
Click on an existing product and save it again. The required field is then marked.