This article describes how to connect a barcode scanner.
Connect scanner (as of 05/2017):
- The scanner must be connected with the power cord and cable according to the manufacturer's instruction manual.
- Practical tip: Check whether the charging station is connected properly with the USB cable. The cable is usually too loose in the base station and has to be plugged in a bit tighter so that a brief "click" can be heard.
- The scanner must be paired with the charging station by scanning the barcode at the bottom of the charging station with the handheld device (if necessary, charge the scanner on the charging station beforehand) → otherwise the scanner will "beep" in time until it has been paired.
- The USB cable must be connected to the storage computer and connected e.g. with Bluetooth via the system settings of the computer.
- The functionality of the scanner is to be tested by scanning a barcode e.g. into the line of the browser. Then it becomes apparent whether the scanner would read the code correctly.