Table of Contents
- Return procedure
- Create a return
- Returns to supplier
- Create credit notes from returns and execute refunds for multiple credit notes
- Mark returns as completed
Fulfillment > Returns
With the Returns receipts module it is possible to create a return from documents (order, delivery note or invoice). The returns process doesn't begin with the goods receipt. Returns are always first entered into the system and then posted based on the goods receipt document.
This module is particularly relevant when shipping and returns are handled via Xentral.
During the returns process parcel labels, goods receipts documents, credit notes and free replacement deliveries can be generated for the customer.
The process of a return is always similar. The basic rule is that the return must exist in Xentral before it can be accepted in goods receipt.
1 a). Unannounced return at goods receipt
Unannounced returns are first recorded as returns and then immediately processed in the goods receipt.
1 b). Announced return - manual creation of a new return
- Continue an order as return
- Continue an invoice as return
- Continue a delivery note as return
2 Goods receipt
Based on the return, the goods receipt can be posted using the goods receipt document.
Note: Serial numbers and best before date/batches can be recorded as returns in the the goods receipt.
Create a return
A return can be created either manually or via an existing document.
There is no reference to previous deliveries or orders using this form of creation.
A return can be created manually by clicking on the +NEW button. Further information can be found in detail under "New return via +NEW".
An already created return can furthermore be identified by scanning a relevant number. The following numbers are checked in the given order. As soon as a hit is found, the corresponding return is opened:
- Return number
- Number of delivery note from which the return was created
- Number of order from which the return was created
In this tab the most important details for the return can be entered, such as the customer, the address, and the items. In addition, a preview of the return document and the protocol can be viewed here.
In this tab the most important information for the return is stored.
In the General area the first step is to enter the customer to whom the return relates and then save it or click on Apply. If the return is for a supplier and not a customer, this is to be changed using the checkmark.
- Customer: Selection of the customer the return concerns
- To suppliers: Selection that it concerns a supplier
- Project: Assignment to a project (optional)
- Status: Display in which status the return is currently located
- Sales order: Assignment of an order to this return
- Delivery note: Assignment of a delivery bill to this return
- Credit note: Assignment of a credit note to this return
- Replacement order: Assignment of a replacement order to this return
- Your order number: Specification of an order number
- Internal designation: Internal designation of the return
- Date: Date on which the return was created
- Preferred warehouse: Specification of a preferred warehouse for the returned goods
- Commission/consignment warehouse: Specification of a commission/consignment warehouse
- Write protection: Activation of write protection, after activation the return can no longer be processed
- Different designation: Indication that there is a deviating designation
- Progress: Selection of the progress of the return
The address data of your own company appears in the middle in the Differing Shipping Address area, as the return will be sent to this address. If the return is to be sent to a different address, this can be revised manually here.
On the right side in the Action area there are four buttons. These can only be selected after the return has been released:
- (1) Create receipt of goods receipt + put into storage: This button can be used to store the return and create the relevant goods receipt document. This operation can also be done directly in the goods receipt. In both cases, the page for storing the item appears. If necessary, serial and batch numbers as well as a best-before date have to be added before the items can be stored
- (2) Credit /create: This button can be used to create a credit note directly for the return, whereby all the data from the return is transferred
- (3) Stornorechnung create: This button can be used to create a cancellation invoice directly for the return, whereby all the data from the return is transferred
- (4) Free replacement delivery: This button can be used to create a free replacement delivery. A new order appears in which all data from the return are taken over and the returned articles are entered with an amount of 0. This order is detached from previous documents, but it is noted in the log from which return this order has arisen
Note: It is not possible to create a credit/cancellation invoice and a replacement delivery at the same time. It is necessary to choose one of the two options.
On the left side in the Master Data area, Xentral takes all the necessary information from the stored master data and transfers it to the appropriate fields. These fields can be changed manually.
In the Free and Header Text area, an appropriate text can be formulated. This will later be displayed on the return document. In the Return area, special settings can be made for the return:
- Shipping method → Here you can select one of the shipping methods stored in Xentral
- Delivery condition → Selection of the delivery condition
- Distribution → Indication about whom the distribution runs
- Processor → Specification of who processes the return
- No invoice → Indication that no invoice should be created
- No stationery and logo → Specify that no stationery and logo should be used
- Hide item text → Specify that the item text should be hidden on the return document
The GLN can be specified in the "Other" area.
In the "Internal remarks" area there is space for internal remarks. In the "VAT check" area, the VAT ID can be stored and the taxation can be selected. In the "Settings" area the language can be set.
In this tab, the individual items that are to be returned can be entered. In addition, the reason for the return per product can be specified here.
In this tab you can see a preview of the return document.
In this tab the log of the return can be found.
In this tab a parcel label for the return can be created and printed.
If the item of the return is a serial number item, an additional tab Serial numbers appears, in which the serial numbers of the items must be entered.
In this tab files relevant to the return can be uploaded and viewed
Create from document
Returns can be created from delivery notes, orders, and invoices.
Create from delivery note
Via the action menu of the delivery note a return can be created with a supported takeover of the contained items. The reference of the delivery note and the return is retained.
Create from order
Via the action menu of the order a return can be created with a supported takeover of the contained positions. The reference of the delivery note and the return is retained.
Create from invoice
Via the action menu of the invoice a return can be created with a supported takeover of the contained positions. The reference of the delivery note and the return is retained.
Adjusting the positions
Afterwards, in the following intermediate dialog, you can decide which items are to be returned and for what reason.
For the selection of the reasons and the subsequent action, templates can be defined as described under "Returns reasons". These can then be selected in the drop-down menu. After clicking the Create Return button, a return draft appears, which can be released and sent to the customer. In addition, a parcel label for a replacement delivery can be created via the Package label tab.
Returns to supplier
For a return to supplier the checkbox "to supplier" must be marked in the settings (Returns > +New > Details). In Xentral, the storage and for credit notes buttons etc. remain exactly the same as with a return from the customer. A return can also be booked out in the dropdown action menu, which is relevant for the return to a supplier.
Returns to suppliers cannot be processed fully as it can be for customers:
- No return can be created via the purchase order. For this reason the original item and amounts cannot be used as basis. A return can only be created manually.
- No credit not or negative liability can be created for the supplier.
- No commission deals can be processed in which the items of a supplier are stored for a certain period of time, sold off and the remaining items returned on a specific target date.
In this tab all returns, unshipped returns, and returns in process can be viewed.
This tab contains a list of all created returns regardless of their status.
It is possible to filter the returns by progress:
- Announced: Shows only returns that have been announced
- Received: Shows only returns that have been received
- Checked: Shows only returns that have already been checked
- Completed: Shows only returns that are completed
Via the Scan area, an already created return can be identified by the scan or by manually entering a relevant number. The following numbers are checked in the process:
- Return number
- Number of the delivery bill from which the return was created
- Number of the order from which the return was created
- Tracking number of a previously created return label
As soon as a hit is found, the corresponding return is opened.
In the table each return can be edited, deleted or copied. In addition, a PDF document can be created for each return or a label can be added to it.
Returns not sent
This tab contains a list of all returns that have not been shipped.
Here, the return can also be edited or deleted, and a PDF can be created and labeled.
This tab contains a list of all returns that are in process.
Here the return can also be edited or deleted, and a PDF can be created and labeled.
In this tab you can define which additional fields should be displayed in the table. The following fields can be added:
In the following example the table has been expanded by all these options:
Create credit notes from returns and execute refunds for multiple credit notes
After a return has been created and released, a credit note can be created using the (2) Credit / create button.
The next step is to release the credit note. In the Payment transactions module, click on the Load credit notes button.
The credit notes appear in the list. The credit notes for which a repayment is to be made must be selected. Below the table is the Batch processing area. There the desired account is to be selected via the drop-down menu and confirmed by clicking on the Assign and release payments button.
The selected credits are then in the corresponding tab of the selected account. There the credit notes are to be selected again. The payment can then be executed by clicking on the Make a Payment button.
Mark returns as completed
In the following we will briefly show how returns can be marked as completed.
To do this click on the Returns sub tab in the Overview tab. The return that is to be marked as completed must be expanded via the mini-detail.
Then select Mark the return as done in the action menu.
Click on Ok in the field that appears at the top and asks: Really mark it as done?