Table of Contents
To maintain different or article numbers from external systems, you can assign foreign numbers to the articles in xentral. Especially the article numbers of your articles from online stores have to be maintained as foreign numbers in xentral, so that a correct matching and thus the matching of article data, stock numbers etc. is possible.
If articles were imported into xentral via master data import, from the online store or another third-party system, these articles can be assigned to the correct article from xentral via a foreign number.
You can find the app Item foreign numbers through Apps > Item foreign numbers or through Supersearch.
In the overview of the app you can see all created foreign numbers of your articles. With the filter also inactive inactive foreign number entries are shown in the list as well.
Alternatively, you can see the foreign numbers of the article under Master Data > Product in the respective article in the Foreign Numbers tab.
Create foreign numbers
You can create a foreign number for a specific item both in the item master and in the Item foreign Numbers app. To create a new foreign number in the app, click on +NEW.
When you create the foreign number in the app, you can specify which connected store the number applies to, whether it is active, and whether it can be scanned in the warehouse.
- Product: Article for which a foreign number is to be created
- Foreign number: Foreign number of the article
- Shop: Shop in which this foreign number is used as the article number.
- Barcode scanner: The foreign number may be used for scanning in the shipping center or when inserting it into documents (also applies to the Article QuickScan app).
- Active: This foreign number is active and is to be used for matching articles.
If the foreign number is created in the master data of an article, a description of the foreign number (e.g. SKU, shopifyproductid, Shopware article number) must be specified.
Import foreign numbers
Foreign numbers can also be imported via the master data import (Master data → Import/Export Center or until version 21.1: Administration → Import/Export Center). The relevant import variables are:
- foreign number: foreignnumberX_shopid (replace shopid with the ID of the store, X = 1-40)
- foreign number designation: fremdnummerbezeichnungX_shopid (replace shopid with the ID of the store, X = 1-40)
With the digit (here "X") you have the possibility to import several foreign numbers per article. You can use the store IDs to specify the store for which the foreign number is to apply. This is how an import template for importing article foreign numbers could look:
You can see the ID of the shop in the overview Administration → Shop interface → Online Shops.
Note: Until version 21.1 it's via Administration → Online Shops.
Scanning foreign numbers
Foreign numbers can be scanned in the shipping center if the option Allow store foreign numbers to be scanned is activated in the logistics settings of a project and the foreign number itself is provided with the option Barcode scanner.