Table of Contents
With the connection from the service "Internet brand" of Deutsche Post to xentral can you print different postage from xentral for your letter mail. The stamps can be printed directly in the delivery bill or in the dispatch process (auto dispatch), before, they will be generated for you also as PDF.
A general overview of the shipping methods and parcel labels that you can use in xentral you can find here.
The internet brand offers you these features:
- Selection of the product to be shipped by default.
- Individual specification of the format of the Internet brand.
Create a postage paid account with the German postal service
For the Internetmarke you need the "Petty cash" of the German post office. Should you not yet have a registration for this service for your company, register here: https://portokasse.deutschepost.de/portokasse/.
After registration, you will receive a username and password as access data. You will also need these to enter into xentral, see Settings in xentral.
Settings in xentral
For the shipping method "Internetmarke" you create a new shipping method under Administration → Settings → Shipping methods → Overview → "+NEW"→ Internet brand.
Then the following overview appears, which are filled in here as an example:
Fill in these fields:
- Label → Choose a label freely. This may occur in your shipping types but only once. You should make it clear what service it is
- Type → Choose a type freely. This may occur in your shipping types but only once. Also, make it clear which service it is. Note the use in the shipping type mapping in the online stores. The type designation must be unique and identical here so that the correct service can be used. You can find more information about the mapping at the Online store settings.
- Module → Select "Internetmarke" from the drop-down menu.
- Project → Optionally specify a project
. Note: This shipping method will only be seen by users who have been given the project permissions. You can see these users under Linked Address → Roles view
- Active → Set the checkmark so that these shipping types appear in the voucher. You can deactivate shipping types that are no longer used
- No postage check → Optionally you can disable the postage check in the Order for this shipping type by ticking off
- Parcel stamp printer → Select the printer from the drop-down menu. at which the Internet brand should be printed out.
- Printer Export → Optionally select from the drop-down menu, the Printer that will print the export documents. This is not currently needed
- Dispatch mail →. Select the behavior of the shipping mail from the drop-down menu. "Default behavior" means that a standard tracking email will be sent, "no shipping email" means that no tracking email will be sent for this shipping type, and "custom text template" means that a custom shipping confirmation text template will be used for this shipping type, regardless of the project and logistics process.
- Portokasse → Specify the email address with which you registered at https://portokasse.deutschepost.de/portokasse/#!/
- Password → Enter the corresponding password from the credentials of the petty cash
- Shipper company → Enter the name of the shipper company.
- Shipper street → Enter the street of the shipper company
- Shipper house number → Enter the house number associated with the street of the shipper company
- Shipper location → Enter the location of the shipper company.
- Shipper ZIP Code→ Enter the company data of the shipper company. These are to be entered matching the petty cash
- Shipper Country → Enter here the 2-digit ISO country code of the shipper company, for example, for Germany "DE", for Austria "AT"
- Product → Select from the drop-down menu, on which Service the shipping method is limited to. If only in the package mark dialog the brand of the shipping method should be selected, select here the option "All for selection in package mark dialog". The products are selected by the process starter "Internet Brand product list update" updated. This must also be enabled in order for the Drop-down menu to be displayed at all
- Format → Select from the drop-down menu the label format for printing the internet label. The formats are imported by the API
- Apply tracking → This field is optional. By ticking, the tracking number will be displayed in the subsequent screen of the shipping dialog. The tracking number is automatically taken over when creating the package tag in xentral so it does not have to be scanned from the package label.
Note: If you do not have a printer attached, choose the PDF printer for downloading the internet label. You can then print this PDF label locally on your printer, but xentral recommends this only for a small number of shipments. For sending larger quantities it is recommended the printers with the software spooler or via the IT administration to minimize time and clicks at the packing table. If you have special printers for the internet brand, you can also connect them to xentral with one of these methods to xentral: Set Up Printers in xentral
Print internet stamp
The internet stamp and parcel stamps in general can be printed in the delivery bill (Warehousing & Logistics → delivery note → edit → tab: Parcel mark) or a shipping process (Warehousing & Logistics → shipping center). For this purpose, the shipping method "Internet Brand" must be selected in the delivery bill or your shipping type designation must be selected.
Once you have made all the settings as described above, you can test the parcel mark printing in the shipping center or in a single delivery bill. To do this, select in the delivery bill in the tab "Delivery bill" the shipping type "Internet mark" from the drop-down menu:
Click the "Save" button before navigating to the package marker dialog.
Next, click on the "Package Mark" tab in the delivery bill and print a package mark for the included items via "Print Package Mark".
After your test print is complete, you can subsequently cancel the parcel stamp in the Deutsche Post business customer portal.
All products to choose from in parcel stamp dialog
If you previously set in the shipping method settings as product "All products for selection in parcel mark dialog", you can now select the product in the drop-down menu (delivery note → Parcel mark):
Example of a printed internet trademark.
This is what a printed internet brand looks like, for example: