Table of Contents
In xentral, you have the option to make a connection to the shipping service provider. In addition, you can create and manage different Hermes addresses. This article describes the individual setup points for a successful connection.
A general overview of the shipping methods and parcel labels that you can use in xentral, you can find here.
Hermes offers you the following features:
- Selecting the product
- Printing a demo label
Connecting Hermes to xentral
The access data or your Oauth Resource Owner Username and Oauth Resource Password can be obtained from your business account manager at Hermes.
Hermes is connected to xentral via the API. Since April 26, 2021. the shipping service provider now specifies that all requests to the Hermes Shipping Interface (HSI) API are made using version 1.2 of the TLS encryption protocol. Requests with TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1 are no longer possible. To verify whether TLS v1.2 is already enabled on your server(s), navigate to the module System Health. You can access it either via App Center → System Health or via the menu in the top right corner:
In the System Health overview, in the "Server" section, you'll find the check for TLS v1.2:
If you are using an on-premise installation, then the icon will help you to know, if TLS v1.2 is installed. If this is not the case, please ask your server administrator or hoster to install the latest version of OpenSSL so that you can use TLS v1.2.
If you're using the xentral cloud, then TLS 1.2 is already active. The xentral interface to Hermes forces TLS v1.2 on all requests, i.e. as soon as you have the current version on the server, you have fulfilled all requirements to use it.
Settings in xentral
Under Administration → Settings → Shipping methods → Overview you create a new shipping type with "+NEW" and select the new shipping method and then select the Hermes module:
Following this, you can enter your login details and other information to enter:
- Designation → Freely choose a designation for the shipping method. This is displayed in xentral among other things in the drop-down menu
- Type → Specify the type/field label. You can choose this, as long as it is not necessary for the store mapping or other Mappings is necessary. Ideally, you should keep the default setting
- Module → Select "Hermes" from the drop-down menu
- Project → Optionally select a project, provided that for each Project a separate Hermes shipping type is created
- Active → By ticking the checkbox you activate the shipping type and make it visible and usable
- No postage check → By checking this box, no postage check will be performed on the Order performed
- Printer parcel stamp → Select from the drop-down menu the default printer which prints the parcel labels
- Printer Export → Select from the drop-down menu the default printer which prints the export papers
- Dispatch mail → Select from the drop-down menu the behavior of the shipping mail. "Default behavior" means that a standard tracking mail will be "no shipping mail" means that no tracking mail will be sent with this shipping and "own text template" means that an own text template will be sent for this that an own text template for the shipping confirmation is used for this shipping type, regardless of the project and logistics process
- Shipper company → Enter the company data of the shipper.
- Shipper contact → Enter the contact person at the shipper company, you need this for export shipments, for example.
- Shipper phone → Enter the phone number of the shipper. at
- Sender e-mail → Specify the e-mail address of the sender.
- Shipper Street → Specify the street of the shipper.
- Shipper Location → Specify the location of the shipper.
- Shipper ZIP Code → Specify the shipper's ZIP code.
- Shipper country → Enter the two-digit ISO-code for the Shipper country, for Germany this is "DE", for Austria "AT".
- Oauth Resource Owner Username→ Specify the Oauth username. you can find it in the Hermes business customer portal or in the professional parcel service.
- Oauth Resource Owner Password → Enter the Oauth password, you can find this in the Hermes business customer portal or in the professional parcel service.
- Product → Select the product from the drop-down menu. You can choose between XS, S, M, L and XL.
- Standard weight → Specify the standard weight for packages in kg. This is drawn in the parcel marker print and pre-filled.
- Length → Specify optionally the standard length of the package in cm. Specify. This will always be used if you specified it and did not change it in the package mark dialog dialog
- Width → Optionally specify the default width of the package in cm.
- Width → Optionally specify the default width of the package in cm. This is always used if you specified it and did not change it in the package marker dialog.
- Height → Specify the default height of the package in cm. This is always used, if you specified it and did not change it in the package marker changed
- Print demo label → By ticking it you print a demo package label, which will not be charged
- Apply tracking → By ticking the tracking number will be automatically inserted into the field after the creation of the parcel tag and no longer needs to be scanned from the package tag.
Parcel mark printing
Once you have made all the settings as described above, you can test the package mark printing in the shipping center or even in a single delivery bill. To do this, select in the delivery bill in the tab "Delivery bill" the shipping method "Hermes" from the drop-down menu:
Click the "Save" button before navigating to the package marker dialog.
Next, click on the "Package Mark" tab in the delivery bill and print a package mark for the included items via "Print Package Mark".
After your test print is complete, you can subsequently cancel the parcel stamp in the Hermes business customer portal.