After completing the steps from this article, you will be able to successfully import your products to Xentral.
Ensure that all your products have a unique SKU (stock keeping unit) in Shopify.
The following procedures describe best practices for connecting Shopify with Xentral and importing your products.
Connecting the shop
- Create an API account in Shopify, and activate the necessary rights.
- Log into Xentral, and go to Administration > Shop Interface > Shopify API advanced.
- Click Expert mode.
- Add Shopify URL and Shopify Token from your Shopify instance. The Shopify API-key and Shopify Password fields should remain empty, as these fields are not required when connecting the shop using Shopify token.
- In the shop interface, set the import mode to Manually (with import center) and click Save.
- In your shop, click Check Connection to ensure that you established the connection.
- If the connection is successful, you receive the “success” note. If not, please check your Shopify API access rights and your API credentials.
Starting initial import of products from Shopify to Xentral
- If you have net prices of your Shopify products, select the Import as net check box. Other check boxes on the first page are optional.
- In the Settings tab, select the Adopt product number from shop when creating option to set the Shopify SKUs as product numbers in Xentral (recommended setting).
- Go to Administration > System > Process Starter > and activate the Artikellimport process starter.
- In your online shop, click the pick up the item list button.
- Duration of the import process depends on the number of products. You can check the import progress in Master data > Product. After importing products, set up your Xentral warehouse to use the stock number synchronization.
Note: Xentral has more data fields for products than Shopify. You can use the CSV import to update your products with additional information.
Common issues and questions
I’m having issues with the product import. What did I do wrong?
- The import issue usually happens when you don’t set SKUs in Shopify. Please use unique and simple SKUs without special characters and keep them short. You can use the CSV import as an alternative to the automated import.
The product import suddenly stops.
- The product import process can stop if one of your articles in Shopify is missing its SKU. The import continues as soon as you add the number.