In order to share your knowledge with your colleagues within the company, it is always a good idea to create your own wiki pages. This wiki serves as a separate, internal encyclopedia for all xentral users in a company.
The relevant people can access this wiki via Home → Intranet → Wiki.
Creating a new workspace in wiki
First, navigate to the "Wiki" module via Home → Intranet → Wiki. Then proceed as follows to create a new workspace:
- Click "+NEW" on the workspace page.
Activate the new workspace by checking the "Activate" box, finally click "OK".
Enter the following information:
- Description → Enter the description of the workspace
- Active → Check the box to activate the workspace
- Save in → Select the location from the drop-down menu
Then click on "OK".
If your page looks like this when you go to the wiki, click on the "gear" icon to navigate to the workspace overview.
- Use the middle icon in the menu column to edit the entry.
You may need to disable the xentral manual by unchecking the "Active" box before editing your own workspace.
- You can then view all posts in the overview and edit them using the "arrow" icon in the menu column.
- Select the corresponding manual from the drop-down menu at "Workspace" and edit it again via the "Pencil" icon.
- Enter your individual text in the empty field. You can adjust this individually according to font, format, etc.:
Wiki on the homepage
In order to have the wiki available at all times, you have the option to save it as a favorite on the homepage.
To do so, click on the "gear" icon in the "Favorites" field.
This opens an overview containing the favorites you have created so far.
The enter the following information:
- Name → Enter the name you have chosen
- Link → Then enter the following link:
- No new tab → If you check this box, clicking on the wiki will not open a new tab
Finally, click on "Save".
As a result, you will receive a "wiki" button in your "Favorites" field as well as a direct link to your previously created wiki pages.