The following error messages can occur when calling a PDF document, among others:
"FPDF error: Unable to find pointer to xref table".
"FPDF error: Unable to find xref table - Maybe a Problem with auto_detect_line_endings"
"Unexpected server response (500) while retrieving PDF".
Generally, these errors indicate one of the following reasons:
- PDF display error: The PDF class cannot read/display the PDF file completely. The PDF was not created in the standard. Not every PDF format is supported by xentral.
→ Often it is enough to open PDF file (e.g. in preview) and export it again as PDF. Usually it works with Export as PDF from Word or Export as PDF from Apple Preview. We have also had good experience with the PDF/A-1a:2005 format. This is the file from Administration > System > Basic Settings > Settings tab > Letterhead tab > Background section.
- your server's hard drive is full and no more PDFs and data can be stored
→ Contact our account management to expand the xentral cloud
- Stationery setting project: If necessary, the check mark for a separate stationery was set in the project without the stationery actually being uploaded.
- the file for upload was too big
→ Choose a smaller file
- Stationery Settings Letterhead: Page 2 Check mark is checked and no PDF has been stored for page 2.
- a font used in the PDF is unknown to the system or is incompatible.
→ Under Administration → Settings → Basic settings → Letterhead, temporarily delete the entry in the "Font" field or use one of the specified default fonts.
You can find more information in our manual: