Table of Contents
Seven Senders is a provider of international or foreign shipping services. In this article, you will learn how to connect it to xentral and how to make individual settings. More information about the shipping service provider can be found at https://sevensenders.com/de/.
A general overview of the shipping methods and parcel labels you can use in xentral, you can find here.
Seven Senders offers you the following features:
- Specifying a recipient email address if it is missing from the delivery bill
- Activation of the cash on delivery
- Skipping the scan dialog
Connecting seven senders to xentral
To connect Seven Senders to xentral, you need the Seven Senders API Key. You can get this from your Seven Senders account manager. If you decide to integrate via the xentral adapter, you will also need your custom API Key, which you will receive from Seven Senders;
Settings in xentral
In order to use Seven Senders as a shipping method in xentral, you must first create a new send type. You create it under Administration → Settings → Shipping methods → Overview → "+NEW"→ Sevensenders.
After you have selected "Sevensenders" as the module from the drop-down menu, the relevant fields for Seven Senders are filled.
Fill in the following fields:
- Designation → Freely choose a designation for the shipping method. This is displayed in xentral among other things in the order for selection in the drop-down menu
- Type → Specify the type/field label. You can choose this as you wish, as long as it is not required for store mapping or other mappings. Ideally, you should keep the default
- Module → Select "Sevensenders" from the drop-down menu
- Project → Optionally select a project, provided that a separate Seven Senders shipping type is created for each project
- Active → By ticking it, you activate the shipping type and make it visible and usable
- No postage check→ By ticking, no postage check will be performed in the order
- Printer parcel stamp → Select the default printer from the drop-down menu, which prints the parcel stamps
- Printer export→ Select from the drop-down menu the default printer, which prints the export papers
- Shipping mail → Select the behavior of the shipping mail from the drop-down menu. "Default behavior" means that a standard tracking email will be sent, "no shipping email" means that no tracking email will be sent for this shipping type, and "custom text template" means that a custom shipping confirmation text template will be used for this shipping type, regardless of the project and logistics process
- Sevensenders Api Key → Enter the Seven Senders API Key
- Shipper Company → Enter the shipper company
- Shipper first name → Enter the shipper first name
- Shipper Last Name → Enter the last name of the shipper
- Shipper Phone → Enter the phone number of the shipper
- Sender email → Enter the sender's email address
- Shipper street → Enter the street incl. house number of the shipper
- Shipper location → Enter the location of the shipper
- Shipper ZIP Code → Enter the shipper's ZIP code
- Shipper country → Enter the country of the shipper. Use the two-digit ISO code, for example, for Germany "DE", for Austria "AT"
- Recipient mail if missing in delivery note → Enter the e-mail address of the recipient. This will then receive an email if the delivery bill is missing in the shipment
- Shipping company → Specify the shipping company
- Standard weight → Specify the standard weight of a shipment in kg
- Take over tracking → By ticking you activate tracking. The tracking number is automatically inserted into the field after the package tag is created and does not need to be scanned from the package tag later
- Skip scanning dialog → Checking will skip the tracking scan dialog and only create a shipping entry when you have the data from Seven Senders
Finally, click "Save."
Packet mark printing
Once you have made all the settings as described above, you can test the parcel mark printing in the shipping center or even in a single delivery bill. To do this, select in the delivery bill in the tab "Delivery bill" the shipping type "Seven Senders" from the drop-down menu.
Click the "Save" button before navigating to the package marker dialog.
Next, click on the "Package Mark" tab in the delivery bill and print a package mark for the included items via "Print Package Mark".
Here you can additionally enable cash on delivery by checking the "Cash on delivery" box under Service.
After your test print is complete, you can subsequently cancel the parcel stamp in the Seven Senders business customer portal.