Table of Contents
The email address you'll use as default email address will be used for sending documents from xentral. This basic functionality can be extended later if needed. It is advisable that you start with e.g. a "info@..., mail@... or office@...
Even if you add project-specific e-mail accounts at a later time, it is mandatory to enter an e-mail address in the basic settings for sending mails.
Administration > Settings > System > Basic Settings > Email or Super-Search Basic Settings
Activation of the e-mail address
First, it's important that you activate the email address.
To do this, the following steps are necessary:
- Enter your webmail account credentials or the mail server account credentials from your IT. These details are mandatory
- Enter the recipient of the test mail to check the function of the email. This step is optional
- Enter the sender address, subject, and central email signature details. These details are mandatory
- Important: The email address of the account (1.) must match the address details (3.). Most web mailers prevent the dispatch from different accounts
- Optionally create an email greeting
- Optionally add an email copy recipient
To test the email function, perform step 1. and 2., click the Save button and click the send button. It is best to enter your own email address as a test recipient on this first try. If the email arrives, the activation has worked.
In addition, it is a good idea that you create a new, empty email account for the blind copy (BCC) in the settings. So you can get a good overview about the document dispatch the customers get or always have the control, what has been sent to the customer.
Click here for Step 10 - Document Printer