Table of Contents
In this article, you will find basic information about what global settings you can make in xentral and where you can store them. In this first step, it is important that you basically store the company data and that you have made the important settings correctly from the beginning.
Note: This is about global configurations, which are initially applied system-wide. More refined settings, for example on the project level, will be presented in the further steps.
Navigate to Administration > Settings > System > Basic Settings or search in Super-Search for Basic Settings. If you don't find anything in Super-Search, go to Administration > System > Process Starters and check if the process starters "SuperSearch Index-Full" and "SuperSearch Index-Diff" are active. Also rebuild the search index under Administration > System > SuperSearch.
Set company address
To ensure proper communication with customers, suppliers, etc, xentral requires your complete, current address.
To do this, you can go to the Settings tab, sub-tab Company address and set the company address of the head office:
In the Tax/Currency sub-tab, you have the option to add information on the tax and currency regulations of your company.
Fill in at least the following items here:
- Tax rate normal: Enter the normal tax rate, which applies in your country. For example, in Germany 19%
- Reduced tax rate: Enter the reduced tax rate, which applies in your country, enter. For example, in Germany 7%
- Net or Gross Invoices: These fields are set up so that the companies net and private customers get gross invoices
- Currency: Select your currency from the drop-down menu
- Standard payment method Customer and supplier: Select from the drop-down menu respectively the payment method of your customers and of your suppliers. This payment method will be used as the default value in documents. You can change this later even finer on address level
- Standard shipping method: Select here from the drop-down menu the parcel service provider that you mainly use
- Default margin in %: Enter the default margin in % in the field. On the basis of this, a sales price will be suggested later when creating the item proposed on the basis of the purchase price
For the lower area Financial accounting export chart of accounts please clarify with your tax advisor or accounting department whether you should adjust the revenue accounts:
Central system settings
In the sub-tab "System" there are a variety of settings options. With these, you can answer questions regarding the scope of functions or the setting options in xentral in advance.
Among other things, you can set the following items here centrally:
- The additional information, which is mapped to the article in the documents from xentral (serial numbers, EANs, customs tariff numbers, MHD, etc.)
- Number of entries in the list view. Of item lists, order lists, address lists, etc.
- Information about the labeling of elements of the vouchers
- Selection of columns in the Order table, which should be displayed additionally
Should you have any questions about configuration options during the course of the Quick-Start setup, feel free to open a new ticket for this, we will be happy to tell you the appropriate system settings.
Here's the way to Step 2 - Stationery