Table of Contents
- Order of imports
- Default import templates for products
- Import item prices
- Update existing items
With the product import you can import legacy data from previous systems to xentral via CSV file.
This article continues the instructions and tips from the previous article on the address import prerequisite.
Master data > Import/Export Central > Master Data Import
Note: Until version 21.1 it's via Management > Import/Export Central > Master Data Import.
Order of imports
The order of imports is as follows:
- Address import:
You should always perform the product import after the address import, since, for example, supplier numbers for purchase prices must be included.
- Normal product import:
Within the product imports, you should first import the "normal" product without considering links such as variants or bills of materials.
- Optional - bills of materials and variants:
If you have imported the products to xentral, you can go through the other import templates to determine bills of materials and variants.
We recommend creating separate CSV files and import templates for the above-mentioned product and import them one after the other. Although theoretically everything goes into an import template, from experience, this can be very confusing and error-prone.
Standard import templates for products
The following default import templates for products are available for selection:
For a complete list of the important variables for product import, go to you under Master data > Import/Export Headquarters > Import Master Data > Import Template Selection > formats.
Note: Until version 21.1 it's via Management > Import/Export Headquarters > Import Master Data > Import Template Selection > formats.
Import item prices
You can import both purchase and sales prices.
You can add up to 3 purchase prices per item at once.
For this you need the following fields:
- Number: Enter the item number in xentral (mandatory field)
- Supplier number: Enter the supplier number in xentral (mandatory field)
- Supplierpurchasenetto: Enter the purchase price (required field). - Scale prices with supplierpurchasenetto2, supplierpurchasenetto3 enter
- Supplierpurchasecurrency: Enter the purchase currency (required field). - Scale prices with lsupplierpurchasecurrency2, supplierpurchasecurrency3 to
- Supplierpurchasequantity: Specify the purchase quantity (optional). - Standard price with quantity 1 - scale prices with supplierpurchasecurrency2, supplierpurchase quantity3
- Delivery order number: Specify the supplier's item number. (optional) - scale prices with deliveryordernumber2, deliveryordernumber3
You must always specify scale prices for the same supplier.
- Number: product number in xentral (mandatory field)
- Saleprice1netto: sales price (mandatory field). - Scale prices with sales priceXnetto (X = 2-10)
- Salesprice1currency: Sales currency. (mandatory field) - content in CSV: EUR, USD, CFD, etc. - Scale prices with salespriceXcurrency (X = 1-10)
- Salesprice1quantity: sales quantity (optional). - Specify standard price with quantity 1 - scale price with sale priceXquantity. (X = 1-10)
Update existing items
You can update existing products in xentral by specifying the product number via the import template.
You can update standard sales prices using a simple import template.
For example, the import template looks like this:
Contents of the CSV file
The CSV file then has, for example, the following content:
Preview after uploading the CSV file:
Here you can see a preview after uploading the CSV file:
Click here for Step 17 - Projects