Table of contents
The connection to DATEVconnect online enables invoices, credits and liabilities to be exported directly to DATEV without the files first having to be saved locally as PDFs and XMLs.
For Austrian customers, where DATEV is not used, there is an alternative software from BMD.
As soon as the app is called up for the first time online under Administration > AppStore > DATEVconnect, the DATEV login mask appears when you click on to module.
You must first login here.
If the SmartLogin is selected, a QR code appears which can be scanned online with the DATEV SmartLogin app.
After a successful connection, the receipts can be exported in the app by selecting the type of receipt and the period and clicking on Export.
The export is only possible for a maximum of one month, i.e. the start date and end date must have the same month of the same year. Normally, the first to the last day of the month is exported.
For each export, an entry is created in the live table that shows the exported period, time stamp and status. The status message shows the status for the transfer to DATEV Company Online, but does not give any feedback about the processing in DATEV itself, i.e. no error messages from DATEV. This information must be viewed in DATEV company online.
Datev only supports customer numbers that have at least 6 digits and do not start with a "0".
In the interface you can change this via Address > Payment conditions/Taxes. This will also change the references in the documents so that they can be exported successfully afterwards.
- DATEVConnect Online: Invoice Data Service 1.0 (previously DATEVconnect online) is required, otherwise the transfer will not work. You can find more information here.
- The registered tax advisor requires administration rights on the part of Datev, otherwise after the connection the error is displayed that there is an authorization error (wrong client or tax advisor number).
The documentation, how the access on the part of Datev must be set, can be found here
Documents are now marked as exported after you have exported them. So it is possible by another export of the same period to export only the documents that have been newly added to this period since the last export.
Note: A limitation of the DATEV API is that only PDFs of the invoices can be imported, whose size is maximum 20 MB.
If you get an error message, there are several actions you can take:
- Check the advisor and the mandate number under Financial Accounting Export > Settings. Authenticate again and try to connect to DATEV Connect again.
- If the error message appears again, check the settings in DATEV itself. All permissions should be set correctly (e.g. tax consultant). Sometimes it also helps if you delete the authorizations in DATEV and assign them again.
- The problem can also occur if you have selected a very large period (e.g. 1 month). In this case shorten the period for example to 1 day, then it should work.
- The token from the DATEV API is only valid for a few hours due to data security. Therefore, the error message may be displayed that the access data is not correct (or "Error: invalid Grant").