Table of contents
- Open articles
- Delivered articles
- Scan the wrong item at the packing table
- Create partial order
- Create partial delivery note
- Print several package brands for one job
Dispatching takes place in xentral via the view of the dispatch center. There, the shipments / delivery bills to be processed are listed and are divided according to open deliveries, deliveries that have already been shipped and picking runs. All open delivery bills are listed in the dispatch center. This module is especially relevant if there is a shipping department in the company.
The Overview contains lists of open deliveries, sent deliveries and picking runs.
This tab contains a list of all open deliveries. There are various ways of sending deliveries
- Scan and send delivery notes/boxes
- Scan and send items
- Search for deliveries using the search function and then send them directly using the arrow under the menu
Sent deliveries can then be viewed in the Sent deliveries tab.
Using filters, it is possible to filter according to only fast lane, without clarification cases and only clarification cases.
Scan delivery note/box
The current delivery bill to be picked can also be scanned via barcode. The barcode is printed on the delivery bill (if it is shown on the document, this barcode can also be disabled in the stationery). Otherwise, the number of the delivery bill can also be entered. In principle, the purpose is to save the work of searching for the order to be sent, if the delivery bill is in the hand.
For example, the name of the customer can be searched for using the search function, and the arrow icon in the right-hand menu can be used to jump directly to the dispatch of this delivery bill. When sending, the printing of the delivery bills, invoices and parcel labels is done automatically, depending on your wishes. After the scan, it may be that additional notes from an order are displayed. These notes must then be confirmed "marked as read" before processing can continue. The process then continues and items must be scanned and quantities confirmed.
Once all items have been entered, the package tag is automatically generated. Alternatively (if automatic is not activated) the parcel label window will appear to check the delivery address and weight. With the confirmation Print parcel label the label is created and printed. Afterwards the tracking number can be saved.
There is also the option to scan a product number. To do this, the product must be scanned or the number entered manually in the Scan article field.
If there are several delivery notes, the priority is as follows:
- Only this product contained in the delivery note and product quantity = 1 > Jumps straight to the parcel label
- Only this product contained in the delivery note and product quantity > 1 > Jumps into the delivery note to scan the product
- This product and other products in the delivery note > Jumps to delivery note to scan items
This means that shipments can be processed quickly for a single product.
Scan tracking number
In the order picking processes
- Simple stock booking + scanning in the dispatch center
- Delivery bill with storage location + automatic warehouse write-off + immediately print + scan in shipping center, and the
- Picking procedure xentral logistics center (2-stage picking)
The tracking number must be scanned (or typed in) after a shipment has been packed.
With the appropriate project settings, an email with the tracking number for shipment tracking is automatically sent to the customer after the shipping process has been completed.
Note: The tracking number is automatically inserted into the field at DHL & UPS & GLS and then you only have to press Enter. To do this, the Shipping confirmation / tracking option must be checked in the shipping method.
Note: With the user right freigabe in the Versanderzeugen rights block, it is also possible for non-admins to take delivery notes in the dispatch center from other employees.
Canceled delivery notes in the dispatch center are shown as a log entry in the delivery note.
Batches in the shipping center
If the options Automatically adopt best before date / batch if clear and Always automatically preselect the best before date / batch are selected in the project under Settings > Logistics / shipping, the dispatch center will book out or suggest according to the FIFO principle.
Note: The sorting of articles with only batches (without BBD), so that, for example, the smallest batch is taken according to the batch name, does not work.
In this tab all shipments are listed. Under Menu there is the possibility to print the delivery note, to jump to it, to delete it or to cancel it.
All picking runs are listed in this tab. Under Menu it is possible to send the picking run, print the label, display the picking note and create a collective PDF of the delivery notes.
This tab contains a list of all open items that are part of a delivery that has not yet been sent.
In this tab there is a list of all dispatched items that are part of a dispatched delivery.
In this tab, open deliveries can be completed and clarified case reasons can be viewed and newly created.
It is possible to complete all open deliveries at once by clicking on Complete all open.
Orders can be marked as a clarification case in the shipping center in order to postpone deliveries. The delivery can be marked as a clarification case directly when scanning the article at the packing table via a button, as well as when printing the parcel label. Reasons for clarification can be, for example:
- Goods not sufficiently available in the warehouse
- goods defective
- best before date not suitable
- article incorrectly packaged
- shipping address incorrect, etc.
For each clarification case, an identifier can be given with a brief note, e.g. "goods defective → make exchange".
Create clarification case
A new clarification case can be created directly at the packing station or in the package label view:
- Click the Create clarification case button
- Select reason for clarification + save
- The dispatch overview is switched to and the clarification case flag is set > the next dispatch order can be started directly
Click the Create clarification case button in the packing station view:
... or click Create clarification case in the parcel label view:
Select reason for clarification and save.
It switches to the shipping overview, all clarification cases are marked here, these can be hidden with the filter above.
Clarification cases can be shown and hidden using the filter in the dispatch center:
- only fast lane
- without clarification cases
- only clarification cases
It is also possible to filter according to the clarification case identifier or the clarification case text:
- The clarification case text/identifier can be entered in the Delivery column
- The clarification text/identifier can be entered in the standard search (search field at the top right)
A new reason can be created via +Create a new clarification case reason.
A small window opens in which the reason and the sorting must be entered.
The reason can be specified in the shipping center. This happens either when the product is scanned, to do this, click on the Clarification case button, or state the reason when confirming the delivery address if, for example, there was an address error. The clarification cases can then be filtered.
If an incorrect article is scanned at the packing table (which is not included in the delivery), a message is issued. The correct article can then be scanned without an intermediate click to continue scanning.
In the shipping center there is the option to send a partial quantity and to create a partial order for the rest.
In addition to a partial order, there is also the option of creating a partial delivery note. As a result, a partial delivery note is created for the shipments that have been scanned up to now, and the corresponding parcel label then appears. The remaining items remain as open positions in the dispatch center, in order to then scan them again.
Several shipping labels with different values (weight, insurance amount, etc.) can also be printed for one order. Proceed as follows:
- Click on Enter tracking number immediately
- Set a checkmark at Create another parcel label for this delivery before scanning the tracking number
- Scan current tracking number
- Dialog changes again to a new package brand
- Set the address, weight, insurance, etc. here and print the package label
- Record tracking number or create additional new package labels