Table of contents
The delivery note is a document that accompanies the goods and contains details about the delivery. In xentral, an overview of all delivery notes can be viewed in the Delivery note module and new delivery bills can be created. In addition, the delivery notes can be exported as CSV.
This module is particularly relevant when working with delivery notes.
The overview shows a list of all delivery bills. The In process tab can also be used to display a list of all delivery notes that are in process.
New delivery note
There are two possibilities how a new delivery note can be created. On the one hand an order can be continued as a delivery note via the action menu, on the other hand a new delivery bill can be created via the button +NEW.
The pen icon can be used to jump to the detailed view of a specific delivery note. If the delivery note has already been sent, the details can no longer be changed. If the delivery note has not yet been sent or released, details can be adjusted or supplemented. The details contain all important information of a delivery note.
Under this tab, general and master data information as well as text fields, internal remarks and VAT audit details can be specified. The following fields can be filled in:
- Customer: Selection of the customer
- To suppliers: Selection that the delivery bill goes to a supplier
- Project: Selection of a project to which the delivery bill can be assigned
- Status: This field is filled in by xentral and gives the status (e.g. created, released, sent,...) of the delivery note
- Sales order: Assignment of an order to the delivery note
- Your order number: Will be filled in automatically by xentral after release
- Internal designation: Internal designation of the delivery note
- Date: Date of the delivery note
- Preferred warehouse: Specification of the preferred warehouse from which the goods will be picked
- Commission/consignment warehouse: Indication of the commission or consignment warehouse
- Write protection: Activation of the write protection. Subsequently, no more changes can be made
- Alternative description: Activation of an alternative description of the delivery bill
After specifying the customer under General, xentral automatically fills in the information from the master data. These can be supplemented or changed. More information about the master data information can be found here.
Here you can create a text that will subsequently appear on the delivery bill.
Here you can create a text that will subsequently appear as header text on the delivery bill.
- Shipping method: Selection of shipping method (e.g. DHL, GLS,...)
- Delivery terms
- Editor: Specify the processor of the delivery note.
- No invoice: The option is intended for sample deliveries. Delivery bills with this checkmark will not be listed if the filter option "without invoice" is selected in the following places: Delivery bill overview, Order overview, Collective invoice
- No stationery and logo: Select that no stationery and no logo will be used for the delivery bill
- Hide item texts: The item description will be hidden in all document items on the document
Place for internal comments
- VAT ID: Indication of the VAT ID
- Taxation: Specification of taxation (domestic, EU delivery, export, tax-free domestic)
- Language: Specify the language in which the delivery bill is written
- Cost center: Specify a cost center that was previously created in xentral
Note: It is possible to set a different label for delivery bills under Administration > Settings > System > Basic settings > System in the right side of the Receipts area.
Under this tab, the individual order items can be specified.
A preview of the delivery bill is created under this tab.
Under this tab is an overview of receipts, which can be viewed directly via PDF. In addition, there is a listing of the products, as well as the information who did what with the delivery note and a PDF archive.
If the documents or ,in this case, positions in delivery notes are to be stored or removed, then the function store and remove documents can be used.
In this tab, parcel labels can be created and printed. The information for the recipient is taken from the information under Details.
- Weight: Weight of the delivery
- Cash on delivery: Delivery is made by cash on delivery
- Extra insurance: Indication that extra insurance is available
- Routing code: Indication that a routing code is available
- Collection date: Indication of the collection date
- Desired date: Indication of the desired date of delivery
- Print return label: Select that a return label is to be printed
Subsequently, the parcel label can either be printed or another shipping method can be selected at this point.
In this tab, information about the serial number for the individual items can be entered. This can be done manually or via the wizard.
Under this tab, all uploaded files can be viewed and new files can be created (e.g. delivery note). These files can be exported.
In this tab, the individual items can be manually swapped in or out.
This tab contains an overview of all movements of the delivery items.
Export of the delivery note
There is an option to export the delivery note as a CSV file in addition to the order, quotation, invoice and credit note.
To do this, the respective delivery note is opened using the mini-detail (arrow on the left).The export of the delivery note can then be triggered via the action menu. A file is created that can be imported into another xentral system via the document importer.