The Mobile warehouse management app allows you to manage your warehouse on the move, e.g. using a tablet or mobile device.
This module offers the possibility to stock, remove or relocate merchandise in xentral. In the process, labels can be printed directly via this module during stock and removal.
This module is particularly relevant if the warehouse is or is to be managed via xentral using a mobile device.
The mobile warehouse interface makes it possible to stock, remove and relocate items using a tablet or mobile device. Various buttons are available for this in the overview:
- Stock item
- Outsource item
- Stock contents
- Relocate items
- Relocate storage location
- Quick storage
- Fast outsourcing
- Interim storage relocation
- Supply warehouse
Store and outsource items from stock
The button Store item can be used to stock items and the button Outsource item can be used to remove items from the warehouse. It is necessary to specify the corresponding warehouse location and, depending on the item, the batch, the serial number and the best-before date. When stocking via the Store item button, the controlled warehouse is temporarily stored. The following example shows the stocking process; the removal process works in the same way.
- Click on the Store item button. In the overview a new page opens, where you can specify the item to be stocked
- Specify the storage place. In addition, an overview of all existing items within the warehouse, the batch and the serial number appears here
- Select the quantity and, depending on the item, the batch, serial numbers and best-before date are requested.
- Check the information in the following overview for correctness
- Enter a reason for the stocking and press Book
- Then, the labels for the stocked items can be printed or additional items can be stocked.
Via Stock contents, items can be stocked or removed by first selecting a warehouse and then only displaying items that are stocked in this warehouse. In the column Menu, items can be stocked via the green plus and removed from stock via the red minus. The arrow can be used to jump to the item master.
If, for example, an item is stocked via the green plus, you must specify, as with normal stocking, the quantity and, depending on the article, the batch, the serial numbers and the best-before date. The subsequent steps are identical to those for normal stocking.
The button Relocate items can be used to relocate items from one warehouse to another. To do this, first select the warehouse location where the item is currently located and then the warehouse location to which it is to be relocated. In addition, the item and the quantity must be specified. It should be noted that neither the batch, the serial numbers, nor the best-before date are transferred.
Relocate storage location
The button Relocate storage location can be used to transfer all items that are located in one warehouse location to another. First the source warehouse and then the destination warehouse must be specified. Please note that the serial numbers are not transferred during the relocation.
Quick storage and Fast outsourcing
Note: This option is available only for standard stock items. It does not work with items that have serial numbers, batches and MHDs. When storing via the Quick storage button, in contrast to normal item storage, the quantity is stored temporarily, not the controlled warehouse.
Items and warehouse location can be entered manually or recorded via scanner. Without selecting the warehouse location, the item is always taken from the warehouse location where the stock is the lowest during fast outsourcing. In the case of quick storage, the item is taken from the shelf location with the highest stock.
Note: The warehouse characteristics for quick stock and removal can be selected via the settings.
Information, which warehouse is drawn in special constellations (default setting):
- Item not in stock, no standard warehouse stored in the item > The warehouse location for which no check mark is set in the storage type will be used
- Item not in stock, standard warehouse stored in the item > The standard warehouse is selected
- Item in stock in warehouseA, no standard warehouse defined in the item > WarehouseA will be used
- Item in stock in warehouseA, standard warehouse stored in the item > The standard warehouse is used
Interim storage relocation
The button Interim storage relocation can be used to relocate items that are stored in the interim warehouse to another warehouse:
- Specify the product to be transferred
- Enter the quantity.
- Select the warehouse location.
The replenishment warehouse posting can be used to relocate items from a supply warehouse to, for example a standard warehouse.
For more information on mobile replenishment posting, see this guide article.
Storage characteristics for quick stock/removal can be configured in the settings. You can choose from which warehouse the item will be taken. Available are:
- Warehouse with most of this item
- Standard warehouse