Table of contents
With the extra module "Driver's logbook", the driving times can be recorded and evaluated for each vehicle.
App Center → Logbook
In the "Trips" tab, an overview of all trips previously booked in time tracking is displayed.
In the overview you can see on which date the trip took place, how long it lasted, the kilometers driven, the license plate number of the car used, which customer was served, who the driver was, which route he drove and the purpose of the trip.
To get a better overview and to limit the list, you can use filters.
The following filter options are available:
- From → The date from which the period applies
- Until → The date when the period of the filter should end
- Customer → The customer to whom the time/trip is to be booked
- Driver → The employee/processor who booked the time/trip
- License plate number → The license plate number of the vehicle used for the time/trip
In the "Vehicles" tab, you can create all vehicles for which the driver's logbook it is to be apply to. The filter "also inactive" can be set to display active and inactive vehicles.
To create a new vehicle, fill in the fields at "Create" in the top right-hand corner and click on the "Create" button.
This information must be provided for the vehicle:
- Designation/Name → The designation of the vehicle must be entered. This is displayed on the evaluation PDF
- Mileage rate → The mileage rate is used for calculating the travel allowance/travel expenses in the evaluation if a private vehicle is available
- License plate → The license plate number of the vehicle must be entered, this is needed for the time recording, the evaluation and for the filter
- Private vehicle → By ticking, the vehicle is marked as a private vehicle.. In the evaluation, the mileage allowance for private vehicles is calculated using the mileage rate and printed on the PDF
- Start value KM → The mileage must be specified that the vehicle had before the first journey
- Active → Only active vehicles can be recorded, i.e. the check mark must be set in any case
Under the "Evaluation" tab, an evaluation can be performed for a specific vehicle in a specified period of time for a specific vehicle.
The following data must be entered for the evaluation:
- Date from to → Select for which period the evaluation should take place
- License plate → Click on the "magnifying glass" icon to select the vehicle license plate to be evaluated
With a click on the button "Create PDF", a PDF with the booked journeys in the indicated trips in the specified period and vehicle will be downloaded. If the vehicle has been marked as a private vehicle, an additional column shows the mileage allowance:
In the "Templates" tab, recurring routes can be defined, which can be selected directly when booking the trip in the time tracking. The overview shows the already created templates incl. route, kilometer and whether the respective templates can be booked and are active. Templates can be edited via the "pencil" icon or deleted via the "cross" icon in the menu.
With a click on the "+Enter new template" button a new template can be defined.
When creating a new template, the following information can be entered:
- Route → Enter here the route that will be driven
- Kilometer → The length of the route is to be specified in km
- Book → By ticking, the template becomes bookable
- Active → Checking activates the template
In the "Settings" tab, an API account from open routes and geo data for the location and distance can be stored.
The following settings can be made:
Access data Openstreetmap
- API Key → The API Key is to be entered after creating an API account
- Logging → The logging box must be checked
To be able to use the distance calculation, an API account must be created. This is possible by clicking on the "Go to portal for API key" field.
Optional geodata start location
- Latitude → The latitude of the start location is to be entered to calculate the distance
- Longitude → The longitude of the start location is to be entered to calculate the distance to calculate
The latitude and longitude of a location can be found out via the Internet. If nothing is stored, the company address in the basic settings is taken as the starting point.
Below you can read how to create an API account. The following procedure must be followed:
Create profile at https://openrouteservice.org/sign-up/
Select Plan (Free) and Name. After that click on "Create Token" button:
- Enter the created API key into Xentral
If the geodata of the customers are to be used for the automatic calculation of the kilometers of a trip, a background process is required that fills the master data with the geodata. For this purpose, under Administration → Settings → System → Process starter create a new process starter with the following values:
- Description → "Openstreetmap" must be entered as the name
- Type → Select "periodic" as the type from the drop-down menu
- weekday → Select "Every day" from the drop-down menu
- Start time → The default start time must be left as it is
- Last Run → The specified end time is to be left in place
- Period → 1500 in min. is to be specified as the period
- Type → Select "Cronjob" from the drop-down menu
- Parameter → "openstreetmap" must be entered as parameter
- Active → Ticking activates the process starter
The process starter gradually fills in the two "Geodata" fields under Addresses → Details → Other data.
Note: A maximum of 2500 addresses per day are processed with the process starter because the API of Openstreetmap only allows this number. Therefore the process starter should be set to 25 hours (period = 1500 minutes).
Under Team → Time Recording, a time can be booked for the trip by filling in all the relevant and additional fields for the trip at the bottom.
Note: Until version 21.1 it's via My Area → Time Recording.
To be able to book the trip, the following information must be provided:
- Book → The check mark must be set for "Book to ensure that the trip is booked in the driver's logbook
- Vehicle → Select the vehicle from the list, or alternatively another one is to be entered. However, vehicles entered here should have been created in Xentral previously
- Route → The driven route with the respective destinations is to be entered
- Kilometers → The number of kilometers driven is to be entered
If entries have been stored in the "Templates" tab of the "Driver's logbook" module, they can be searched for and selected in the "Route" field.
If a customer with complete address information has been stored, a click on the "Load distance and kilometers" button, the distance and the number of kilometers can be filled in automatically. Prerequisite for this is that in the address data the corresponding longitude and latitude are filled in.
Problem: The table under journeys remains empty, although journeys were booked.
Solution: If this error occurs, please fill the fields "from", "to", "customer", "driver" and "license plate" once and empty them completely again. After that the table should be filled. This must be done per user.