Table of Contents
- Link articles
- Use Amazon Seller App
- Create a send-in order
In the Amazon Seller app, you can see your current inventory on Amazon. The app also lets you create send-in orders to Amazon from Xentral and download all the documents you need. You can also see the current average sale per item and the actual sale per item.
To be able to use the app, you primarily need to create an interface to Amazon. Under Administration → Shop interface you can select the Amazon Importer as shown in the following screenshot.
Note: Until version 21.1 it's via Administration → Online Shops/Marketplaces.
In the next step, you need to store the seller ID and API keys in the created interface.
As soon as you have entered the ID and the keys, you can define the marketplaces on which you are present at Amazon. Here you only have to click on the buttons behind the input fields so that the corresponding ID is loaded into the field.
Now you have successfully made the default settings and can save them. Afterwards you will receive a confirmation in a banner at the top of the screen.
The interface must then be initialized by Amazon. This can take a few hours. You can see the progress in the message. A shortcut to the "Amazon Seller App" appears on the start page where you can also see the progress of the initialization.
After the interface has been initialized, the imported items must be created and linked to Xentral.
You can get to the article link either via the button "to the article list" or via the button "to the foreign numbers". Via Administration → Shop interface → Amazon → Article foreign number you get to the same view.
First, articles that are no longer needed (articles that are no longer listed on Amazon) can be sorted out by pressing the "ignore" button. These "ignored" articles can be displayed via the filter "Show ignored links" and the "ignore" link can be undone here (in case the article is added to the assortment again, or if the "ignore" button is pressed by mistake).
Article already created in Xentral
If you have already created articles in Xentral, these articles can be linked to the Amazon articles here. To do this, you have to select the Xentral article to which the Amazon article is to be linked in the Article number column. Afterwards you can confirm the link via the button "Update article".
No articles created in Xentral
If you have not yet created any articles in Xentral, the articles can also be created automatically. To do this, leave the article number blank and click on the "Update articles" button. The articles will then automatically receive article numbers from the Xentral number range (alternatively from the project number range). Before doing so, please remove the articles you no longer need from the list by clicking the "Ignore" button.
After all Amazon articles are linked to Xentral articles, the message "There are Amazon articles that are not linked to Xentral articles" disappears.
This message will not appear again until the interface has detected that there are new items in the Amazon listing, e.g. by adding new items to Sellercentral.
Use Amazon Seller App
In the Stocks tab you will find all Amazon items that are currently listed and on sale on Amazon, i.e. actively sold on Amazon. Inactive Amazon items are only displayed if you set the "Inactive only" filter.
In the upper part of the tab you will find various filters:
- Only "Out of Stock Warning" → Here only the items are displayed for which the "Out of Stock Warning" function is activated. (Where to activate the "Out of Stock Warning" is explained later in this article).
- Show Recommendations Only → Only items recommended for submission will be displayed here.
- Inactive Only → This filter hides the active Amazon items and displays the items that are currently inactive on Amazon, that is, not on sale.
- Advanced View → This option displays additional columns such as "Inbound" (items delivered to Amazon that are not yet sold), "Unsaleable".
In the item table you will find various information, here is the explanation of each column:
- Column 1: Item image at Amazon.
- SKU: Amazon SKU of the article
- ASIN: Amazon ASIN of the article
- Item no.: Item number in Xentral
- Total at Amazon: Number of items currently for sale on Amazon
- Xentral Stock: Number of items that are in stock
- Xentral Inflow: Number of items that are in stock (reordered items)
- Sales per day 7/30/90: average number of sold items per day in the last 7/30/90 days
- Xentral days: Based on "Xentral stock" and "Sales per day" it is calculated how long the demand for the item can be served from your stock.
- Amazon days: Based on "Total on Amazon" and the "Sales per day" it is calculated how long the demand on Amazon for the item can be served.
- Reach total: Total reach from "Reach Xentral days" + "Reach Amazon days".
- EK (net): Purchase price of the article in net
- VK (gross): Gross sales price of the item.
- Fees: Fees that will be charged when the item is sold
- Send order: Here you can create a send order to Amazon for this article.
If you activate the "Advanced View" additional columns will appear.
- Inbound: Items that are currently in delivery to Amazon.
- Not for sale: Number of unsaleable items at Amazon (damaged etc.)
- Res.: Number of items currently reserved at Amazon
- last month: Number of sold items in the last month
- Current Month: number of sold items in the current month
- Out of Stock: is the "Out of Stock" warning activated for this item (yes/no)
- Delivery time: how long is the delivery time for this item
- Recommended: recommended number of items that should be in stock at Amazon
- Info: here you can enter some information about the item
- Edit-Icon: Here you can set the "Out of Stock" warning for an item
- Comment: Specify and edit the info column per item
- Label: Printing of article labels
Additional functions in the Stocks tab
Red marking of the Art. no. column:
The column "Item no." is marked red if the "Total range" has fallen below a certain value. This is to signal that the article must be reordered because the total range has fallen below a certain period in days. This period in days can be set in the Settings tab. In the standard a range of 150 days is set.red marking of the column
Amazon range days:
The column "Amazon days" is marked red, if the "Amazon days" has fallen below a certain value. This is to signal that the article must be resent to Amazon, because the range at Amazon has fallen below a certain period in days. This period in days can be set in the Settings tab. In the standard a range of 50 days is set.
In the tab "Stock log" you can see the stock movements of the articles. There are different filter options: e.g. by date range, article (SKU) and the fulfillment center.
In the tab Delivery you can see the created deliveries to Amazon. As soon as a delivery order has been created, it can be confirmed with the "Confirm" button to ensure that the goods have really already been shipped.
Here it is possible to filter by a date range, the fulfillment center and the article (SKU), just like in the "Stock log". In addition, there is also the option of displaying canceled send orders.
The tab Deliveries shows how many times an item has been sold on Amazon per day in the last 20 days.
In the settings there are the following setting options:- E-mail for "Out of Stock": here you can centrally set whether an e-mail should be sent when an article is out of stock.
- Number of days delivery: here you can set how long the delivery of the articles takes on average.
- Number of days Amazon range warning: here you can set when the range warning for Amazon is active.
- Number of days Amazon+warehouse range warning: here you can set when the general range warning is active
- Xentral price group: here you can set on which price group the Amazon sales prices should be created
- Printer: here you can select a printer which can be used for printing Amazon send-in labels
- Label printer: here a label printer can be selected, which can be used for printing of labels
- Shipment description: here you can define how the shipment description looks like, alternatively you can enter the shipment description manually in the send-in order
- Address for delivery: here you can define which address should be printed on the Amazon shipment label, e.g. for different companies with separate accesses to Sellercentral.
- Storage bins for inventory value: here you can define on which storage bin the Amazon inventory should be booked e.g. evaluation for the monthly inventory value.
Amazon Sellercenter Accounts: here you can see which accounts are connected to the Amazon Seller App.
Create a send-in order
Note: A delivery with your own shipping service provider is only possible for a pallet delivery. For a delivery by parcel, the Amazon Transport Partner Program must be used at this time.
Maintain VPE information
To be able to create a send-in order to Amazon, the VPE information must be maintained in the article. To do this, call up the article and go to the "Stock" tab. Here you can see the current stock of the article. Now open the input of the VPE information with the pencil symbol.
A pop-up opens in which the information for the packaging unit can be maintained.
- Quantity in VPE: here you can enter the number of articles contained in the packaging unit.
- Weight of VPE: here you can enter the weight of the packaging unit in kg
- Length of VPE: here the length of the packing unit is entered
- Width of VPE: the width of the packaging unit is entered here
- Height of VPE: the height of the packaging unit is entered here
If the information of the packaging unit is the same as for an already created packaging unit, it can simply be used under templates selected with save.
These packaging units can then be selected when creating a send-in order.
In the Amazon Seller App (App Center → Amazon Seller App), you can now create a send order to Amazon by pressing the "Send Order" button.
If you have not maintained any VPE information, a note appears that no VPE information has been maintained for this article. How to maintain VPE information is explained in the paragraph "Maintain VPE information".
If you have maintained the VPE information, a view will appear in which you can see the current stock quantity and the items available for sending.
The following information can be found here:
- Storage bin: Storage bin in which the items are located.
- Total: total number of the article in this storage bin, depending on the packaging unit
- Quantity in VPE: Quantity of the article in a packing unit
- Weight: weight of the packing unit
- WxLxH: width, length, height of the packing unit
- possible VPE: Number of possible packaging units that can be sent to Amazon
- Number of VPE: Number of packaging units that will be sent to Amazon
After you have entered the number of PU, you can confirm the entry by pressing the "Send item to Amazon" button.
In the next step, you will see the following information at a glance:
- Shipment ID: Amazon shipping ID
- Status: Status of the shipment order
- Description: Shipment description (can be changed)
- Sellercenter: Fulfilment Center to which the shipping order should go to.
- Address: Address of the fulfilment center to which the shipping order should go.
- Number of boxes: number of packaging units to be sent to Amazon
- Shipping service provider: Shipping service provider with which the packaging units are to be shipped
- Weight: Weight of a packaging unit
- Dimensions: length, width, height of a packaging unit in cm
- Quantity per carton: Number of articles per packaging unit
- Quantity total: total number of articles to be shipped
After checking the data, you can press the Approve shipment button, after which the cost of shipping will be calculated and the status of the shipping order will change.
Now an additional item shipping fees appears, here you can see the shipping fees that would apply if you send the items to Amazon. You can now choose another shipping service provider, then the shipping fees will be recalculated. After that you can go to the button "Accept fees". An order and delivery bill will now be created, the delivery bill will cause a stock write-off and the status of the send-in order will change.
Now the shipping labels can be printed directly or sent to shipping by mail. You can delete the shipping order at any time with the "Delete delivery schedule" button.